SLNC’s 2023 Kayaking Series
May 20, 2023
2023 Kayaking Series at Silver Lake Nature Center
Join awesome Kayaking Instructor, Cameron Calista (aka “Cam”) on one, a few, or all of SLNC’s Kayaking Programs being offered this spring & summer! Programs include Intro to Kayaking and Moonlight Kayaking Programs right here on beautiful Silver Lake AND Magnolia Lake!
SLNC provides the Kayaks and Other Gear for all programs!
Check out the 2022 Schedule below. To register, please click on the Event Link. Space is very limited for these awesome programs (they typically sell out), so early registration is recommended. When signing up, please also keep in mind that there are no refunds/exchanges unless the event is canceled by SLNC. Thank you.
SLNC’s Kayaking Schedule for 2023
Saturday, June 3rd
- Introduction to Kayaking 9am-11am on 6/3/23 ($35/person; $30/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
- Moonlight Kayaking 6:30-9:30pm on 6/3/23 ($45/person; $40/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
Saturday, July 1st
- Introduction to Kayaking 9am-11am on 7/1/23 ($35/person; $30/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
- Moonlight Kayaking 6:30-9:30pm on 7/1/23 ($45/person; $40/person for Friends of SLNC Members).
Saturday, August 12th
- Introduction to Kayaking 9am-11am on 8/12/23 ($35/person or $30/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
- Moonlight Kayaking 6:30-9:30pm on 8/12/23 ($45/person; $40/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
Saturday, September 9th
- Introduction to Kayaking 9am-11am on 9/9/23 ($35/person; $30/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
- Moonlight Kayaking 6:30-9:30pm on 9/9/23 ($45/person; $40/person for Friends of SLNC Members)
2023 Kayaking Series Program Descriptions
Introduction to Kayaking ~ Have you ever wanted to learn how to maneuver a kayak? Well here is your chance. This two-hour class, led by Kayaking Instructor, Cameron Calista, introduces you to the parts of a kayak, how to hold and move a kayak paddle, how to enter and exit a kayak, ways to keep your balance while kayaking and, of course, how to get around on the water in a kayak. The Introduction to Kayaking Class takes place right on the waters of Silver Lake (at Silver Lake Park).
**Participants under the age of 18 years old must have a Participating/Paying Parent/Guardian accompanying them on this program. MINIMUM age for this program is 14 years. **
Moonlight Kayak Excursion ~ SLNC’s Moonlight Kayak Excursion is for kayakers who have kayaked at least once before & are at least 18 years of age. We will start at the edge of Silver Lake at Silver Lake Park. Once in the water, we will travel up Silver Lake into Magnolia Lake, where we will dock on the island in the middle of Magnolia Lake. On the island, we will start a campfire and roast marshmallows. After all the marshmallows are gone, we will embark on our journey back, letting the moonlight guide our way. Each kayaker will be able to take in the lovely sights of Silver Lake bathed in moonlight.
Restrictions: Our Kayaks are best suited for people between the height of 4ft 10in and 6ft 2in, and between 90 lbs. and 250 lbs. If you are over/under these guidelines (and have not already let us know), please contact us to discuss alternate accommodations.
No refunds/exchanges unless event is canceled by SLNC. Thank you.
Registration will close by 12pm on the Friday before the Kayaking Programs (if not closed sooner due to registration being full). Thank you.