Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center
The Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, formed in 1979 for the purpose of assisting the Silver Lake Nature Center in the encouragement and promotion of Environmental Education. The Friends of SLNC organization shares the governance of the Center with the Bucks County Department of Parks and Recreation. The Friends of SLNC raise funds through an active Membership program, various fundraising events and activities, and educational program revenue. The monies raised support the operations through the financing of special projects and the funding of Staff positions in addition to the two positions funded by the Bucks County Department of Parks and Recreation. Current positions funded by the Friends of SLNC include: Summer Camp Director/Environmental Educator, Volunteer Coordinator/Administrative Assistant, and Office Manager/BookKeeper, as well as Summer Camp Staff.
The Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center is managed by a Board of Directors.
The 2019-2020 Directors include:
- Terrie Giardine, President, Principal, Emerson Elementary School
- Susan Brown, Vice President, Huntingdon Valley Country Club
- Open Seat, Secretary
- Dan Tahaney, Treasurer, Information Management Consultant, Blue Box Data
- Earl Bruck, Retired MPA, Board Member & Treasurer for Bristol Township Assoc. for Comm. Enrichment
- Sandy Ferris, Lead R&D Manager, Analytical Sciences Dow Chemical Company
- Sue DeRosier, Legislative Aide for State Representative Tina M. Davis