The Silver Lake Nature Center has many needs beyond our budget and resources. The following is a “wish list” of desirable items. Please contact SLNC for an updated list.
Table of Contents
- Donate to the Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center – help us meet our mission of providing education and recreation to the community.
- Make a bequest, leaving the Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center in your will.
- Earn Educational Income Tax Credits (EITC) for donations for SLNC’s educational programs. Contact SLNC for details!
- Give someone a Membership in the Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center.
- Make a bequest in your will.
- Give of your time – Become an active Volunteer and enjoy the personal reward of making a difference.
- Buy educational support material – Items for this list will enable us to provide a better quality educational program.
- Business Matching Donation Program – Does your employer have a program where they will match your donation?
- Buy Equipment for use on the grounds – These items are needed to assist with the maintenance of the Visitors’ Building and Trails, and for SLNC Volunteers to use during the monthly Volunteer Work Days.
- Purchase supplies for use in the office – These items are needed to assist with the daily operations.
Sponsor an Event or program – Underwrite the cost of a program so we can keep our services affordable to members of the community.
- Gift cards at local Grocery Stores for use by our interns, for events, &/or for Volunteer Work Days.
- 35 hand lenses to be used as part of our educational programs.
- 24 d-frame dip net nets to replace nets worn out by use. Our nets are from Ward’s.
- 12 Golden Guide insect field guides so we can give each participant a book to help them identify the insects they find during our insect programs. Click to see product at Amazon.
- Clear storage boxes 18″ X 24″ X 15″ so we can keep our program material organized.
New pond liner 30′ by 30′
Graffiti Remover products are readily available at local hardware stores like CBM or Beech’s Hardware
Four new Office Chairs to replace aging chairs used by staff. View one of many possibility from Office Depot.
Solar lights to light up Trails for evening events.
Kitchen Towels for all sorts of projects (there are never enough towels).
Give your time, in a fun & rewarding way, as an SLNC Volunteer.
When you die, you can ensure that SLNC goes on providing the habitat and education that you enjoyed by leaving a portion of your estate to the Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center. Simply designate the “Friends of Silver Lake Nature Center” as a beneficiary in your will; either a fixed amount or a percentage of your estate. Bequests build the endowment fund from which the Friends take just the interest earned to help with operating expenses.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donate Now!
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll free within PA 1-800-732-0999 or at this link.